Thursday, April 18, 2013

Technical Applications

Over the semester this far I have learned how to use multiple forms of technology that previously I had not used.  For example, I have witnessed teachers use a SMART Board and learned about them that way, but I have not had the opportunity to used one myself until this year. In my opinion, the SMART Board would be very helpful in the classroom not only for students but for teachers as well.
Podcasts are also something that I have not used in the past.  Learning how to create and use podcasts seems like it could be very beneficial in the classroom.  I enjoy using podcasts because you have access to a ton of material in many different subjects.  Using podcasts to present information for an assignment in class would be helpful because students would be able to record their presentation in advance and would not have to worry about the pressure of standing in the front of the class presenting to their peers.
Other forms of technology that I have been able to understand this semester include, PowerPoint, iMovie, and Garageband.  By understanding these forms of technology the options for presenting information to students grows and the quality of information presented can be much better.  In my future classroom, I will attempt to use a wide range of technology for my own benefit as well as a benefit for the students!

No comments:

Post a Comment